Businesses today face a myriad of complex legal issues that can be resolved either at the bargaining table or with a lawsuit.
A large portion of the firm’s litigation practice involves the resolution of corporate & commercial disputes.
Finding the most cost effective option to resolve the issue requires an attorney who is not just an advocate with proven trial ability but one who is also an advisor.
We exert all our energies on both fronts always keeping our client’s best interest in mind. In addition, we employ experienced paralegal and support staff to assist our lawyers in order to ensure cost efficient handling of these matters.
Commercial / Corporate Transactions
The Commercial/Corporate Transactional Practice focuses on the business objectives of our clients. We utilize the depth of our experience and resources to help clients achieve their goals notwithstanding the constantly changing business landscape.
From raising capital, to doing deals, to complying with regulations, to managing risk, to implementing best practices, our cumulative experience is extraordinary, and our commitment to service is unmatched.
Our firm is well situated to provide advice and services to companies and entrepreneurs throughout the Americas, in Europe and Asia, in locations where you are already doing business, or where you want to be in the future. Our group brings together the strategic business, legal and market experience needed to manage and close the most complex transactions as well as provide savvy yet practical counsel on day-to-day operations.
We don’t only read law journals and advance sheets; we read trade and industry journals. We recognize that our clients needs often demand work beyond a standard workday. So we make sure that we are accessible to clients, providing the responsiveness of a small, local law firm, together with the resources of a global firm. We stay abreast of evolving laws and regulatory issues and we make sure that our clients are prepared to address them.
- Entering into or formalizing an agreement with another business or individual
- Buying another business
- Selling your business or part of it
- Forming a subsidiary or other related company
- Raising investment capital or borrowing money
- Establishing a business presence in the USA for foreign companies or individuals
- Merging or liquidating a business
- Forging a Joint Venture
- Executing non-disclosure agreements
- Preparing letters of intent and term sheets
- Performing legal due diligence on corporate targets and prospective partners
Corporate Ownership & Governance:
- Forming corporations and limited liability companies in almost any jurisdiction
- Limiting owner liability for business obligations
- Structuring buy/sell, profit sharing and other agreements between owners
- Implementing agreements between owners and management
- Planning to keep a business in the family and minimize estate taxes upon a transition
- Preparing internal documentation to maintain proper corporate formalities
- Maintaining governmental compliance
- Liquidating and dissolving a corporation or limited liability company|
- Assistance in conducting shareholder meetings
- Dealing with dissenting shareholders
- Preparing voting trust agreements
- Assistance in planning and conducting board meetings and recruiting independent directors
- Forming and assisting in the operations of non-profit organizations
- Hiring a key employee
- Terminating an employee
- Obtaining authorization to hire a foreign national
- Developing formal employment policies and procedures
- Implementing pension plans, fringe benefits plans and equity compensation plans (e.g. stock options)
- Preparing for the possible loss of a key employee
- Executing and enforcing non-competition and non-disclosure agreements
- Structuring executive compensation package
- Partner and Partnership Representation:
- Forming a general partnership or limited partnership
- Preparing and negotiating partnership and limited partnership agreements
- Planning for the admission, withdrawal or retirement of a partner
- Qualifying partnerships as limited liability partnerships and limited partnerships as limited liability limited partnerships
- Liquidating a partnership
For more information, contact the attorneys at The Law Office of Alexis Gonzalez, P.A. from our office in Miami, we serve clients throughout the South Florida area and greater Florida.